Pages

Thursday 8 November 2012

Boxing Techniques That Bruce Lee Adapted Into Jeet Kune Do Techniques For Avoiding Attacks




Lamar Davis has studied and skilled in Bruce Lee’s art of Jeet kune do for more than thirty years. He has been certified as a full/senior instructor by some of Bruce Lee’s unusual students. 

In this elite jeet kune do video, draged from his DVD album Jeet Kune Do for the Advanced Practitioner, the second-generation Bruce Lee student give details and show cagey strategy in JKD moves which Bruce Lee found in boxing techniques.


“The majority of these actions Bruce Lee took from boxing,” Lamar Davis give details in this exclusive video.

If the opponent fires lead-hand punches toward his head, Davis clarify, you have the choice of perform one of the fundamental boxing techniques modified for JKD moves known as a “slip” or “outside slip”. The move is straightforward: move to the outside of the hand’s forward curve — or skid to the side, out of its pathway. 

In boxing method there is such a thing as an “inside slide,” but the jeet kune do expert notify against it. “I favor to slide to the outside of the arm just because you’re a little bit safer if you slide to the outside,” Lamar Davis explains.

If a punch is approaching straight towards your face, you have the choice of sudden straight back. Along with boxing techniques made to order for JKD moves, this selection is called a “backward snap” or a “snap back.”

Boxing procedures Used By Jeet Kune Do Techniques Practitioners for shun the Hook

“An opponent must fire a hook at my head,” Lamar Davis says, “in which case, I bob. When I bob, I curve my knees, I go down straight down, I take my hands up to safeguard my head and I gaze at him the full time.”

The “incorrect way” to bob, Davis says, is to curve your torso forward and gaze downward during the movement. “When I perform that, I can’t see everything,” he makes clear. “I don’t know what’s going on up [above] for a split second — not a good thing. That’s a fine time to grab an elbow or a hammer fist to the backside of the head or the upper backbone.”
---------------------------------------------------
 You may like to read:


 

1 comment:

  1. OT: I saw this cool Manny Pacquiao backpacks for Laptops. It has zippered main compartment for laptop and includes padded compartment for tablets too!

    ReplyDelete